Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Reflections on Encounter 2

Feelings
I'm getting more comfortable talking with the Pashtuns working, which is good...


Observations
After watching the video tape, I noticed things, that I didn’t notice while filming:

- I noticed that nobody there had a long beard, even the old men, I wonder why?!

-Also, I recalled a strange thing: When the ‘Aasr’ prayer started, my father told me I’ll go pray, and you finish your filming…The prayer ended, my father returned, & the men came out from the masjid & I was still filiming THEM !
No one of them (about 20 men) entered the Masjid to pray!!!

I wonder why ?!!! Well, I have 2 assumptions:
1. they’ll pray later because I’m filiming them now!
2. they’re all Shiaa’ and they either don’t pray ‘Aasr’ on time, or at all!
I think assumption 2 might be racist, so I'll go with assumption 1 for now...

Hope
I won’t forget my promise to the men, so I thought of something that might help the taxi drivers among them:
Raising the charge from 2 Dhs, to 2.50 Dhs
I'm sure this idea has been suggested before to someone, somewhere…
but it still not enforced, and it should be…
To us…50 fils is nothing…50 fils is a gum… a Tofi.. chips oman
But to them…it might help a lot…it might accumulate to be a radio…a toy for a kid…a new pair of shoes…something valuable to them...

I'll do what I can to help ... & if I couldn't do it now with the project...I'll try to pursue it later...

No comments: